Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Here you'll find recipes, healthy food ideas and photos from Chichay, a "green" housewife who loves baking and cooking healthy versions of delicious dishes for her husband, and who also enjoys trying new food from all over the world!
Please send your comments and/or suggestions to:
chichay@chichayskitchen.com or follow us on facebook!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

"SIRLOIN STEAK"

Sometimes I crave for a real good steak, but, I often have second thoughts of going to a restaurant for a steak fix due to my previous experiences of either getting a really dry, too salty piece of steak, or not being served with how I requested my meat to be done. I don't mind tho enjoying the side dishes that go with the steak...especially the salads or the potatoes.
The only place where I get more options/choices is when we go to my favorite "churrascaria" (Brazilian "house of barbecue"), the Green Field Restaurant in Long Beach. Whoa! They haven't disappointed me yet... especially those plain salted sirloin grilled cuts they have there.
Oh well. I know it's too much for a weekend craving.
I just make sure I marinate a lean cut of beef once a in a while, so I can just grill it at home whenever I want to have a quick lunch of steak and rice during the weekend (when my husband and I take a break from seafood and greens).
I posted a grilled steak marinade recipe last week, but that was a spicy Thai version. Here is the simpler one I usually make for a quick steak fix.
[CHICHAY TIP: Always remember to "tent" your steak with foil after cooking - only just for a few minutes, just to give time for the meat to reabsorb the juices. This keeps it tender upon serving or slicing.]
- CHICHAY


What You Need:

  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped

  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce

  • 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice

  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

  • 2 to 3 tablespoons honey

  • 3 tbsp olive oil

  • 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin (or any tender cut steak)

  • Salt and black ground pepper


How To:

-Whisk together the garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and oil.
-Place beef in a small baking dish, pour the marinade over, and turn to coat.
-Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour.
-Preheat the grill to medium-high.
-Remove the beef from the marinade and season it with salt and pepper.
-Grill meat until charred and cooked to medium-rare doneness, about 10 to 12 minutes, or however you want your steak done.
-Remove from grill, tent with foil for about 5 minutes before serving.
-Serve with any salad and white rice. Goes well with a simple "salsa" (tomatoes, onions, cilantro and lime or balsamic vinegar) or cucumber salad.

[CHICHAY TIP: You can always cook this in a regular pan (like frying) over low-medium heat. I suggest you add some unsalted butter to a heated olive oil that you will use for cooking the steak. Transfer the steak to a plate as soon as done and "tent" it with foil for a few minutes before serving it.]

No comments: