Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Here you'll find recipes, healthy food ideas and photos from Chichay, a "green" housewife who loves baking and cooking healthy versions of delicious dishes for her husband, and who also enjoys trying new food from all over the world!
Please send your comments and/or suggestions to:
chichay@chichayskitchen.com or follow us on facebook!

Friday, February 20, 2009

"GUISADONG GULAY (Sauteed Mixed Vegetables)"

Hi everyone! I apologize to those who have been asking me to post new recipes here...been busy lately. But that doesn't mean I stopped cooking! I have a long list of photos and recipes I have tried in the past couple of months, and I can't wait to share them with you. Well, let's start with this simple Sauteed Mixed Vegetables that I often make whenever I find fresh ingredients from the farmers market on weekends.
Quick and easy.
I just saute all the veggies together, then I add flavorings - depending on what's available in my kitchen, such as oyster sauce, or "bagoong"(shrimp paste), or "patis" (fish sauce, or Hoisin sauce, or garlic-chili sauce and the like. I sometimes add fresh shrimps (but you may add dried ones too!), or sometimes chicken or pork cubes. Isn't fun to pick your favorite veggies, and have all of it in one dish? Make sure you have variety of colors in your dish to make it look yummier, esp for kids.

-Chichay


"GUISADONG GULAY (Sauteed Mixed Vegetables)"

What You Need:
  • 2 cups of vegetables cut in uniform lengths
(this time I used spinach, okra, long beans, butter squash, and bittermelon)
  • 2 tsp bagoong (optional, use any other flavorings to your liking)
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 6-8 pcs medium sized shrimps
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp ground black or white pepper
How To:

  • In a large saute pan, heat up the olive oil and sesame and olive oil.
  • Saute the shrimps until slightly cooked (when the shell is bright orange), stirring continuously
  • Once slightly cooked, take the shrimps off the heat and put in a dish. Set aside.
  • On the same pan, start to saute the vegetables, making sure you add on the pan the ones that will cook longer, such as the squash, long beans and bitter melon, then add the leafy vegetables last.
  • Add the "bagoong" (or any other seasoning you may choose to use), water and shrimp to the pan, then stir, and lower the heat, and let this simmer for a few minutes.
  • Adjust the seasoning by adding salt and pepper and serve while still warm.
  • Best served with warm steamed rice!



No comments: