Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Here you'll find recipes, healthy food ideas and photos from Chichay, a "green" housewife who loves baking and cooking healthy versions of delicious dishes for her husband, and who also enjoys trying new food from all over the world!
Please send your comments and/or suggestions to:
chichay@chichayskitchen.com or follow us on facebook!

Monday, February 11, 2008

"CHICKEN AND SPINACH WRAP"


It's Monday, and this is a day for leftovers. We have some rotisserie chicken pieces here, so I thought of making a quick fix for lunch - what's easier than a chicken wrap!


I tried different kinds of chicken wraps in the past, the initial one of course was the Chicken Ceasar - just had to try making it, since I see that a lot in sandwhich places here... it's usually in the "healthier choices" menu.

Deceiving, because caesar dressing is loaded with calories - and some articles even consider it the worst choice of dressing on your salads. Huh!

Well, it's still my favorite. I just try to make my own caesar dressing whenever I want to have it.


Well, for this chicken wrap I made for lunch, I used Trader Joe's brand Raspberry Dressing - low-fat/low-sodium. It tastes so good, just enough sweetness and tangy flavor in it. You know we do not just use it for salads, but I likewise use it as a marinade mix of meat and salmon.


The cheese that I used for this wrap is grated parmesan...I try to buy by the block, and I grate it into smaller pieces, because it tastes better than the ones you buy in a container. I like parmesan because a small amount of this cheese goes a long way - really tasty!


By the way, this chicken wrap goes well with some crunchy chips on the side, but instead of regular potato chips, I serve it with some sesame crisps (again from Trader Joes).


Enjoy!


- Chichay


--------------------------------------------------



Ingredients:


  • shredded or grated cheese

  • cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken

  • spring onion (optional), thinly sliced

  • (optional) celery, thinly sliced

  • Trader Joe's brand (low-fat, low-sodium) Raspberry Dressing (or any kind of dressing you like)

  • baby spinach leaves, washed and dried

  • 10-inch tortillas


How To:


-Mix cheese. rotisserie chicken, celery and onion in a bowl and toss well with dressing; set aside.

-Arrange spinach leaves on one side of a tortilla.

-Spoon on chicken mixture.Roll up tightly, tucking in ends.

- Heat in microwave for 1 minute or until warm, slice in half and serve immediately.


(If you want to store this for later, wrap each in microwave-safe paper and refrigerate, and just heat in microwave before serving.)

No comments: