Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Here you'll find recipes, healthy food ideas and photos from Chichay, a "green" housewife who loves baking and cooking healthy versions of delicious dishes for her husband, and who also enjoys trying new food from all over the world!
Please send your comments and/or suggestions to:
chichay@chichayskitchen.com or follow us on facebook!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

"FRIED RICE"



There are three reasons why I would make fried rice : 1. we have leftover rice that's been in the fridge for days, 2.I have leftover meat or shrimp that my husband wouldn't want to eat again the day after, or 3. our ulam for the day is very plain (such as grilled fish, roasts, or something baked without sauce) and I do not have any available side dish.


Today, I baked salmon, and I only had cucumber salad as a side dish, plus, I have a lot of leftover shrimp with chilli-sauce from the other day - so it's a fried rice day!


Ok, I am posting my ingredients for this fried rice I made, only for the sake of those who haven't tried preparing it before.


Note that you can always add other dried ulam leftovers, such as meat, ham, bacon, vegetables, peas, chorizo/sausages/hotdogs...anything. I suggest you cut it into smaller pieces though, and sautee it first in garlic and onions before tossing on the rice. Yumm.


By the way, in this recipe of fried rice I made today, I added catsup - to make it sort of a Thai-style fried rice. I had a Thai friend in the past who taught me how to make real Thai rice. I don't have all the other ingredients for it so I just made a more plain kind of fried rice.


I will post the Thai Fried Rice recipe next time ok.




-Chichay




---------------------------------------


FRIED RICE




What You Need:



  • 1 tbsp olive oil

  • leftover white rice, 2 cups

  • pre-cooked shrimp, chopped (any leftovers)

  • cooked scrambled eggs

  • (optional)cilantro, chopped

  • (optional)celery, chopped

  • (optional) carrots, shredded

  • (optional) bell pepper

  • garlic, minced

  • onions, chopped

  • (optional) 2 tsp. catsup

  • 1 tsp soy sauce

  • ground black pepper

How To:


- Sautee the cooked shrimps, onions, garlic, celery and carrots in oil

- Add the rice, keep on mixing over high heat


- add the soy sauce and the catsup, mix well with the rice


- add ground pepper, turn off the heat


- toss in the cilantro and the cooked scrambled egg and serve immediately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow am so impressed... pictures pa lang already makes my mouth water....good job.. congrats...parang showbiz na showbiz ang dating.. very glamoroso with a personal touch...