Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Here you'll find recipes, healthy food ideas and photos from Chichay, a "green" housewife who loves baking and cooking healthy versions of delicious dishes for her husband, and who also enjoys trying new food from all over the world!
Please send your comments and/or suggestions to:
chichay@chichayskitchen.com or follow us on facebook!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"PINWHEEL SANDWICHES"


You remember those "Pinwheel Sandwiches" they sell at Costco? We used to buy those for potluck parties and for our weekend snacks at home.

Lately, I don't go to Costco much anymore, so I just make our own "Pinwheel Sandwiches". I just use whatever meat cold cuts (like salami, pepperoni, sweet ham...) and vegetables I have in my fridge.

For this recipe, I used smoked turkey slices and spinach. I do not use low fat cream cheese, because I find it less tasty, so I use the regular one, but I just spread it really thinly on the tortilla.

-CHICHAY

----------------------------


"PINWHEEL SANDWICHES"

What You Need:

  • 10-inch tortillas of your choice (I like the spinach and herb-flavored tortillas)
    cream cheese
  • meat cold cuts (lunch meat slices)
  • spinach leaves

How To:



-Spread the tortilla with cream cheese.
-Scatter meat slices and spinach on the cream cheese.
-Roll tightly to form a log, and wrap with plastic wrap tighly and refrigerate for at least an hour.
-Unwrap; cut in slices 1/2 to 1- inch thick each.

No comments: