Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Welcome to Chichay's Kitchen!

Here you'll find recipes, healthy food ideas and photos from Chichay, a "green" housewife who loves baking and cooking healthy versions of delicious dishes for her husband, and who also enjoys trying new food from all over the world!
Please send your comments and/or suggestions to:
chichay@chichayskitchen.com or follow us on facebook!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Baked Salmon"


My husband and I love salmon - sashimi, sinigang, grilled, tossed in a salad of greens, paksiw, and most especially baked!

I learned this creamy, tasty baked salmon dish from my batchmate in highschool. He posted this years ago and from then on, I try to prepare this on special occasions for my family and friends. It's always a bit hit, I am telling you, just follow the recipe and you won't miss making this lovely dish!

But of course I also cook it once in a while for my husband - whenever I could find a cook salmon steak cut at the store. If you do not like the skin of the salmon, you can trim it before cooking. It also cuts the cooking time in half, since the salmon meat is tender and doesn't take long to get cooked.

By the way, I often make my dishes a bit healthier than the original recipes but adding less salt, oil, and the like. I am posting the original recipe, but just so you know, when I cook it, I use "light" mayo, and I use "Splenda" instead of sugar, and I use "Kikkoman Soy Sauce - Less Sodium". I tried both recipes, and it tastes the same, so it's up to you which ingredients you would want to use.


- Chichay

-----------------------------------

"BAKED SALMON"
What You Need:

boneless salmon fillet, about 6 pcs

Sauce:
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4c Kikkoman soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 4 tsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp juice of lemon

How To:
- combine and mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl
- arrange the salmon fillet pieces on a baking dish
- pour over sauce on fillet, cover with foil
- and bake @ 160degC (300-300degF) for about 40mins

- When done, remove foil cover and cook for another 5-10mins till the sauce becomes brown.

Serve with rice and/or salad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Galing-galing naman ng Chichay's Kitchen. I think I would love to try the baked salmon then will let you know if it's a hit here in the house.